Head Veterinarian / Medical Director
Head Veterinarian / Medical Director
Reimagining Pet Care With Next Generation Vet Clinics & Technology
Toronto, ON, Full time
Summary & Job Description
We are looking for a Lead Veterinarian for our first clinic to join our founding team and help us build a world class offering. This role is located in downtown Toronto and reports directly to our Head of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)/ Co-Founder.
Our mission is to build the next generation of animal care for the modern world. By leveraging technology and design, we are reimagining the animal care experience for pets, pet parents, and care providers from the ground up. With the consumer, pet and employees at the heart of everything we do, we seek to rebuild the way veterinary medicine is delivered and disrupt a traditional industry across every customer touchpoint and interaction.
- Pet and pet parent focused: The love we have for animals drives us to do our best. We work with initiative, positivity and warmth to bridge the gap between human and pet, focusing on wellness to keep a better, stronger bond
- A clinic built for Vets, vet techs and vet support workers: We bring a happy, positive attitude to work because it impacts the energy in the office. We’re building a new kind of vet experience, and every team member is empowered to try new things and own their decision-making.
- Integrity and transparency: We speak up, we do what we say, and we’re transparent and honest. We value clear, simple communication.
- We are a team: We’re knowledgeable, kind and passionate about a better veterinary experience. We jump at the opportunity to help one another and seek out opportunities to team up on tasks. We’re all in this together - our team, pet owners, and the animal - and our success as a team hinges on all of us doing our best.
Who we’re looking for
We are assembling a team of innovative thinkers across consumer-tech and veterinary medicine to build a new experience for consumers and providers. We are looking for someone who shares our vision that the industry needs to be improved and YOU want to be a major part of shaping its future. We are looking for someone who loves the idea of building something new, and being part of an early-stage company that is disrupting a massive category.
In this role, you will:
- Work with the founding team to support the launch of the business, eventually settling into the role of Medical Director / Lead Veterinarian of the first “ModernVet” Clinic
- Partnering with the Head of Veterinary Medicine, to implement, roll-out, and ensure compliance with standards of medical practice and patient care within each clinic.
- Ensure patients receive a high standard of care and clinic team members work collaboratively in a positive workplace environment
- Concept and execute Internal Medical excellence initiatives such as: protocols, medical best practice development and standardization, team member professional development, equipment and resource selection and medical tracking.
- Help all recruiting efforts for new Veterinarians and Vet Techs in our new clinic
- Collaborate with the practice Lead Technician to provide guidance to the practice team, and foster an environment of continuous learning, improvement and excellence
- Responsible for mentoring associate doctors performance with respect to medical quality, teamwork, client satisfaction, record keeping and production
- Implement the companies culture vision by encouraging flexible scheduling, self-compassion, and blame- and judgement free environment
- A DVM/VMD degree with an Ontario Veterinary License
- 3 + years of experience in Veterinary Medicine (medicine, dentistry and surgery)
- Enthusiasm for thinking outside of the box, tackling complex problems, and identifying new ways of doing things
- A passion for ModernVet’s mission to provide a superior vet experience for patients, clients and employees
- Committed to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the code of ethics
- Previous leadership experience and a desire to elevate others
Why we are different:
- Best in class staffing ratios, medical equipment and a diverse case mix (wellness to urgent care)
- Direct communication with leadership and influence on policies. Let’s build a better veterinary clinic together!
- Positive and judgement free environment
- Our business model enables us to offer the most competitive pay, with gainsharing for our entire veterinary team — you gain from our growth
Our Promise To You:
- Free membership to Focus Mental Wellness
- Paid-time off, CE allowance, parental leave, and company wide holidays;
- Paid dues - CVO, OVMA, VIN, PLUMBs app
- We offer comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits
- A clear career path with opportunities for growth and development, both personally and professionally.
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back;
- No non-competes
- Working in a well designed hospital with state-of-the-art equipment;
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So are we — let’s meet.
To apply: email@example.com
Please include "ModernVet” in the subject line of application to help us ensure you have read the full Job Description :)