Member Strategy and Experience Lead
Summary & Job Description
Our mission is to build the next generation of animal care for the modern world. By leveraging technology and design, we are reimagining the animal care experience for pets, pet parents, and care providers from the ground up. With the consumer and pet at the heart of everything we do, we seek to rebuild the way veterinary medicine is delivered and disrupt a traditional industry across every customer touchpoint and interaction.
We are looking for a Member Strategy and Experience Lead to join our team and help us build a world class offering that blends the highest medical standards with a hospitality approach to create a brilliant, omni-channel customer experience. This candidate will own the customer experience, including: end-to-end customer journey mapping, pre/during/post appointment touchpoints, client retention, and membership plans & pricing. We are on a mission to create world class experience both digitally and in person that also delivers on our values of accessibility, transparency, and exceptional medical care..
In this role, you will be responsible for partnering with diverse teams on short and long-term projects to deliver meaningful value across the organization.
We are a group of experienced entrepreneurs and investors in the consumer-technology space, financed by BrandProject LP, Redbox Ventures and other strategic angels in the industry. This role is located in Toronto.
Who we’re looking for:
We are assembling a team of innovative thinkers across consumer-tech and veterinary medicine to build a new experience for consumers and providers. We are looking for someone who shares our vision that the industry needs to be improved and YOU want to be a major part of shaping its future. We are looking for someone who loves the idea of building something new, and being part of an early-stage company that is disrupting a massive category. You’d be a great fit for this role because:
- You have a bias for action and are self-starter that excels in a fast-paced and evolving business
- You are a problem solver – you have a talent for managing complex projects, driving high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy implementing processes
- You are a relationship-builder and communicator that can motivate and influence people at all levels across a variety of job functions.
- You can see the big picture and dig into the weeds on problems (and switch between both several times per day)
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to help build a company from the ground up, working on many different projects and constantly changing priorities
In this role, you will:
- Work with the founding team and the company board to support the launch of the business
- Research, develop, and define customer personas, segmentation, omni-channel customer flows, onboarding documents, etc., to deliver a brilliant customer experience both online and offline
- Create and support an innovative membership program in the veterinary industry (tiers, plans, pricing, etc.)
- Be the consumer champion and voice of the membership base across all touchpoints (product, in clinic, and messaging)
- Have NPS and retention score be your guiding light in all decisions
- Create best practices for customer support, refunds, cancellation, payments, etc.
- Work directly with our product team (digital) and in-clinic team (physical) to deliver an incredible experience across all interactions
- Use technology to execute on your vision for the customer experience (Ie. KPIs, data/reporting, metrics, and automation)
- You will experiment – you'll have your fingerprints all over the future animal care. This means everything from high-level strategy to the operational details
- You will spearhead research - explore and analyze markets and trends in the pet industry, perform competitive analyses and identify best practices in market leaders
- Set and deliver on aggressive deadlines and drive yourself and the team around you to action, approaching the work with a no-ego attitude and rolling up your sleeves to tackle whatever needs to be done
- 3-5+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, marketing, operations, startups, or related experiences
- Strong track record working cross-functionally across strategy, operations, product, customer/member experience, while managing various stakeholders (bonus points if you’ve worked within healthcare and hospitality industries)
- Experience conducting market/competitive research to develop and articulate a point-of-view.
Our Promise To You:
- We hire smart people and give them ownership. We want you to be a leader with the autonomy to make decisions and build something from scratch
- Competitive compensation & founding team equity incentive
- Full benefits package, continuing education and mentorship opportunities
- A collaborative team who has your back and will welcome you as part of the pack
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we — let’s meet.
To apply: email@example.com
Please include "CHARLIE” in the subject line of application to help us ensure you have read the full JD :)
About BrandProject LP:
BrandProject is an early stage venture capital firm focused on investing in next generation consumer product, service, and technology companies. BrandProject invests in differentiated businesses that are disrupting the categories they compete in. With its team of seasoned entrepreneurs based in New York City and Toronto, BrandProject takes a strategic approach to building businesses with Founders, and provides the financial and operational resources to set them up for success. For more information, visit www.brandproject.com.