We invest in visionary founders who understand the needs of today to build the brands of tomorrow.
We call these BrandProjects.
BrandProject is a New York City and Toronto-based venture studio and investment firm that both incubates and invests in early-stage consumer product, service and technology companies. From an investment perspective, nothing is too early for BrandProject as we often lead investment rounds in pre-launch businesses.
BrandProject’s unique model blends support for strategic planning, operational capacity building, brand and marketing depth and more to maximize brand and business value alongside founders. Drawing upon more than seven decades of global brand expertise across a diverse range of global category leaders, the BrandProject team identifies market disruptor investment opportunities from pre-seed to series A. For more information, visit www.brandproject.com.
BrandProject is looking for a strategic thinking, consumer oriented, and financially minded Associate to join the team. As an Associate, you will share your time (1) Supporting the BrandProject portfolio businesses with the operating team and (2) Supporting the investment team in assessing prospective investments.
The role allows you to be hands on with cross-functional operating activities while also leading strategic initiatives with our early-stage portfolio investments. You will also support our investing team by participating in the due-diligence and investment analysis.
Working in a highly entrepreneurial environment, this is a unique role that allows you to gain experience in both building and investing in start-ups.
This role is based in Toronto.
· Manage high-impact initiatives cutting across functions or stakeholders, use insights and influence to own and execute on them
· Develop and manage financial models and analysis for BrandProject portfolio companies, BrandProject entities and prospective investments
· Collaborate cross-functionally to identify and provide data-driven business recommendations
· Work alongside BrandProject team members and portfolio company founders to develop short, medium, and long-term strategic roadmaps and business plans
· Support BrandProject marketing and LP communications efforts
· Develop business forecasting and planning models
· Assist our portfolio companies’ founders in the fundraising and diligence process, creation of investor communications and board materials
· Develop pointed investment theses, industry landscape evaluations, market sizing and competitor research
· Search for and propose new investment targets
· Financial due diligence including building financial models to stress test business models
· Investor reporting, cap table modelling, and other organizational initiatives
· 3-5 years of relevant experience, including but not limited to: investment banking, management consulting, private equity, venture capital, start-up experience
· Exposure to venture capital or private equity investing is helpful. This experience can come through working at a venture-backed company or with a fund
· Demonstrated interest in consumer-focused startups and next generation brands
· A true team player with strong leadership and communication skills
· Bias for action: you thrive in a fast-paced environment and know when things need to move quickly versus when to find the ‘perfect’ solution
· Passion and deep respect for entrepreneurship, founders, and start-ups.
· Navigating ambiguity: you are able to create structure in ambiguity, and don’t let a lack of definition stop you from moving things forward, whether that’s a lack of complete data or an ever-changing organization.
· A strong financial and analytical background
· “Can do” attitude, capable and willing to play a key role in the day-to-day aspects of the business and “roll your sleeves up” to get things done
· Strong entrepreneurial drive and ability to exceed goals and meet deadlines
· Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
· Attention to detail
· Excellent communication and report writing skills
· Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
Interest in joining the BrandProject team? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org