We’re on a mission to reinvent the way people buy, sell, and own cars. Are you game?
Clutch is Canada’s largest online used car retailer, delivering a seamless, hassle-free car buying and selling experience to drivers everywhere. Customers can browse hundreds of cars from the comfort of their home, get the right one delivered to their door, and enjoy peace of mind with our 10-Day Money-Back Guarantee… and that’s just the beginning.
Named two years in a row to the Globe & Mail’s list of the Top Growing Companies in Canada and also awarded spots on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™ lists, we’re looking to add curious, hard-working, and driven individuals to our growing team.
Headquartered in Toronto, Clutch was founded in 2017 and currently services Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. Clutch is backed by a number of world-class investors, including D1 Capital, Canaan, Real Ventures, BrandProject, and Upper90. To learn more, visit clutch.ca.
What You’ll Do
- You will be doing both deliveries and assisting customers with pick-ups in the office to provide a great customer experience.
- You will be accurately and efficiently completing customer paperwork as well as taking thorough notes in our customer tracking system.
- A major part of this job is driving a kick-ass single-car hauler (flatbed truck) to get the customer’s purchase delivered straight to their front door. You don’t need a commercial driver’s license to drive the hauler and don’t worry, with a little training, you’ll realize driving the hauler is a piece of cake. We’ll train you.
- Not only will you be driving that kick-ass car hauler, but you will also be loading and unloading the customer’s vehicle on and off of it (it’s a quick and easy process, but it does require getting a little physical) and inspecting the car-hauler to ensure the vehicle is mechanically sound so that we can make our customers day!
- You’ll be expected to prioritize safe driving and to maintain a clean driving record. Consistent, safe driving is crucial to this role!
- You’ll also be a team player by assisting other team members with various tasks as necessary.
All About You
- Must have a valid Class G Driver’s License with a clean driving record for the past 3 years and must be able to provide a clean driver’s abstract.
- 2+ years of customer-facing experience with a passion for creating memorable customer experiences.
- A great communicator with awesome people skills – in this job, you're often the first person customers meet face-to-face, and it's also their first chance to see the car they're buying in person (customers are usually super excited as it's a big purchase!)
- Comfortable driving as far as Ottawa or Windsor (those deliveries are scheduled for 1 pm only)
- Have automotive experience and a passion for cars
- You should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for customer service and putting a smile on a customer’s face
- Stoked about disrupting and redefining an age-old industry and a drive to win
- Flexible schedule and are open to working evenings and weekends.
It’d be great if you have:
- A valid OMVIC license
- Experience with automotive warranty products so that you can answer any questions that arise during the delivery process
Why you’ll love it at Clutch:
- Autonomy & ownership -- create your own path, and own your work
- Competitive compensation and equity incentives!
- Health & dental benefits