Sr. Manager, Demand Planning
Location: NYC-Based Preferred.
About Daily Harvest
At Daily Harvest we take care of food, so food can take care of you. We're committed to helping you nourish your body while taking care of the planet. How? By making it easy to eat more real, unrefined and sustainably sourced fruits and vegetables every day. Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Sr. Manager, Demand Planning to join our Innovation + Operations team. The Innovation + Operations team operationalizes the Daily Harvest mission from conception to delivery. We ideate and bring our food to life. We source ingredients and build supply chains, we create sustainable packaging solutions, ensure food safety, and instill production capabilities that benefit our customers, our partners, and our planet. All of this is done to ensure on-time deliveries and a perfect experience for our customers.
The Daily Harvest Sr. Manager, Demand Planning will lead all aspects of the Demand Planning function as a part of the Supply Chain planning team. This position will (1) create short and long term omni-channel forecasts, (2) lead and improve the S&OP process, (3) partner with key stakeholders to improve our omni-channel forecasting process, and (4) be a thought leader in the forecasting/demand planning space.
We are looking for someone with proven leadership experience in forecasting and demand planning, possesses strong organizational and technical skills, and thrives in a fast-paced consumer-centric organization. If you are self-motivated, results-oriented, and have a passion for team building, we would love to hear from you. Accountability, integrity, attention to detail, the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and being able to work independently are required for this position. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate that is interested in working at a groundbreaking direct to consumer business expanding retail sales channels.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and improve monthly S&OP meetings with key stakeholders in the marketing, finance, sales, and supply chain teams to ensure alignment on historical forecast performance and go forward demand plan.
- Interact and collaborate with Sales, Marketing & Finance in the development of the weekly aggregate and SKU level forecast.
- Manage a 12 month rolling forecast for use in financial, production and strategic planning processes. Identify areas of risk and opportunity to the business plan due to internal/external factors and alert Management.
- Create & communicate forecasts which are realistic and accurate, based on statistical modeling with the most suitable level of detail for key stakeholders to drive planning performance.
- Ensure consistency of forecast assumptions, including targeted strategic customers, base business trends, promotional plans, media, launch sizing, planogram changes and seasonal volume.
- Leverage demand segmentation, identify & apply the most suitable forecasting method to each sku/demand point combination to develop Daily Harvest’s forecast by channel.
- Monitor performance vs. the forecast throughout the month identifying any key shifts or trends. Analyze forecast variation/deviation with the goal to minimize out of stocks and prevent the build of excess & obsolete inventory.
- Partner with Retail (Grocery, Mass, Club, etc) Sales to develop key ways of working and a forecasting model to support wholesale channel growth.
- Develop and maintain forecasting scorecards to ensure performance is being measured, communicated and action is taken to correct.
- Be a key thought leader for Daily Harvest in the forecasting/demand planning space with the ability to influence peers and leadership.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of Demand Planning experience.
- Proven experience with forecasting, planning, and inventory management
- Advanced knowledge of Sales & Operations Planning procedures:
- Responsible for inputs into S&OP or IBP Step 2 meeting
- Led S&OP or IBP Step 2 meeting
- APICS CPIM Certification a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to present meaningful data in routine reports.
- Must be able to function independently & travel as necessary.
- Ability to distill large volumes of disparate information into meaningful conclusions.
- Outstanding leadership, management, supervision, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships. Heavy interface with Finance, Sales, Marketing, Commercialization,Innovation, and Data teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency (intermediate to advanced) in computer applications and systems including Looker, G-Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
The anticipated annual base salary range for this role is $115,000 - $130,000. Actual compensation will be commensurate with experience, qualifications, knowledge, and skills.
- Unlimited PTO Plan + flexible working hours
- Equity participation + 401K
- Competitive medical, dental, + vision insurance
- Fun IRL + virtual quarterly team events, happy hours, + DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Citi Bike discounts, + Health & Wellness Perks
- Annual company retreat
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry (...always stocked)
- In office access to everything we create (including recipes in development)
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment