Manager, Supplier Quality
Location: NYC-Based Required.
About Daily Harvest
At Daily Harvest we take care of food, so food can take care of you. We're committed to helping you nourish your body while taking care of the planet. How? By making it easy to eat more real, unrefined and sustainably sourced fruits and vegetables every day. Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Supplier Quality Manager to join our Innovation + Operations team. The Innovation + Operations team operationalizes the Daily Harvest mission from conception to delivery. We ideate and bring our food to life. We source ingredients and build supply chains, we create sustainable packaging solutions, ensure food safety, and instill production capabilities that benefit our customers, our partners, and our planet. All of this is done to ensure on-time deliveries and a perfect experience for our customers.
The Supplier Quality Manager will be responsible for leading supplier and raw material food safety and qualify systems at Daily Harvest. This role will lead raw material quality and food safety by partnering with the Procurement, R&D, Commercialization and Operations teams to ensure all materials meet ,or exceed, quality standards and regulatory requirements. The role will focus on the following key areas: (1) Supplier approval; (2) raw material specification development; (3) driving raw material continuous improvement.
We are looking for someone who will bring relevant experience in Quality and Food Safety, possesses strong organizational and technical skills, and thrives in a fast-paced, consumer-centric organization. If you are self-motivated, results-oriented, and have a passion for teamwork, we would love to hear from you. Accountability, integrity, attention to detail, the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and being able to work independently are required for this position. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate that is interested in working at a groundbreaking direct to consumer business.
What you’ll do:
- Review supplier documentation to ensure compliance with Daily Harvest requirements.
- Conduct quality and food safety audits to qualify new vendors.
- Assess new raw materials for risk using the Daily Harvest risk based assessment tool.
- Perform and document hazard assessments for supplier and raw materials.
- Partner with R&D and Procurement to develop new raw material specifications.
- Manage the Supplier QA team responsible for document control and internal QC data.
- Partner with raw material vendors to conduct root cause analysis investigations and corrective action implementation for any raw material non-conformances.
- Ensure that all supplier COA’s conform to Daily Harvest requirements.
- Manage the Daily Harvest supplier quality scorecard.
- Implement and strengthen programs and written procedures related to raw material quality.
- Act as the main point of contact with 3rd party laboratories for ingredient testing.
- Stay current on all FSMA ingredient related regulatory requirements
- Maintain highly effective relationships with the Procurement, Operations, and R&D teams to ensure open, clear communications.
- Experience with Supplier Management software ( i.e Tracegains)
- Tracking and trending and closing out CARs
- Other responsibilities/duties as required
Who you are:
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) food science, microbiology, biology, chemistry, nutrition
- or related area.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in raw material quality and food safety.
- Understanding of manufacturing and supply chain key performance indicators.
- Knowledge of FDA and FSMA regulations as they relate to ready-to-eat foods.
- Experience in quality assurance; areas of experience include HACCP/ HARPC, GMP’s, hygienic design/zoning, GFSI
- Experience conducting food safety audits
- Ability to read and understand legal documents.
- Must be able to function independently & travel as necessary
- Ability to distill large volumes of complex information into meaningful conclusions.
- Outstanding leadership, management, supervision, and interpersonal skills, effective at all levels.
- Ability to build and work within strong cross-functional relationships. Heavy interface with R&D, Procurement, and Operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and oral presentation skills. Proficient in verbal/written English.
- Proficiency (intermediate to advanced) in computer applications and systems including Office Suite and G-Suite Tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Shared Drive)
- Must be able to travel up to 40% of the time.
The anticipated annual base salary range for this role is $105,000 - $130,000. Actual compensation will be commensurate with experience, qualifications, knowledge, and skills.
- Unlimited PTO Plan + flexible working hours
- Equity participation + 401K
- Competitive medical, dental, + vision insurance
- Fun IRL + virtual quarterly team events, happy hours, + DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Citi Bike discounts, + Health & Wellness Perks
- Annual company retreat
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry (...always stocked)
- In office access to everything we create (including recipes in development)
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment