About Daily Harvest
At Daily Harvest we take care of food, so food can take care of you. We're committed to helping you nourish your body while taking care of the planet. How? By making it easy to eat more real, unrefined and sustainably sourced fruits and vegetables every day. Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
The Daily Harvest Creative team develops innovative creative for every part of the business. Daily Harvest is proudly agency-free—meaning the in-house creative team juggles every single project the company executes (think: web, print, packaging, installations, app, social, campaigns, etc.). We're a group of dynamic virtuosos with a knack for creating the inspiring and the eye-catching. We take ideas and transform them into concepts that stick.
This role will be responsible for how Daily Harvest is brought to life visually, digitally, experientially, and physically – from design strategy to concepting to execution. We’re looking for someone self-motivated who knows our audience, understands our values, is a conceptual thinker, and is a leader with a passion for growing emerging leaders. You will be expected to partner closely with all areas of the business to ensure creative ideas and insights are delivering on the brief and business expectations. The ideal candidate has a passion for graphic design and for evolving expertise in this area and exceptional organizational skills. This role reports to the Creative Director.
What you’ll do:
- Be an integral part of the creative team – help oversee the art direction and design for Daily Harvest deliverables, developing and elevating a vision for Daily Harvest
- Obsess over the details and also have the ability to step back and think big picture of Daily Harvest’s brand identity and presence
- Manage a team of designers where you maintain Daily Harvest design standards bringing new ideas and strategic thinking that balances business needs and forward-thinking
- Produce innovative and beautiful design solutions consistent with our brand image across site, brand, paid, and physical channels
- Establish and evolve a clear brand visual identity style guide to help drive faithful execution against that guide across channels and over time
- Partner with creative leadership when needed to lend a hand in concepting campaigns and executing deliverables
- Work closely with the Creative Director to ensure strong communication between visual design, art direction, and messaging, and maintain the health of those working relationships
- A passion for the arts and culture, with a strong POV and curiosity around design trends to develop the visual design talent at Daily Harvest
- Assist Creative leadership in developing department and team goals, ideating strategic design solutions, and engagement with the design team
Who you are:
- 6+ years experience within the field of design
- You have a strong portfolio showcasing work across a range of platforms: digital, print, paid, packaging, and more
- Experienced in leading large-scale projects from concept to execution
- Experienced in paid growth marketing
- A passion for brand building and a strong understanding of how to maintain and evolve design systems
- Advanced Creative Suite and knowledge
- Able to both design and direct (and excited about doing both)
- Can balance big picture thinking while knocking out easier creative deliverables
- Proven leader with strong communication skills, plus an ability to work cross-functionally with ease
- Independent project management skills and composure in a fast-paced and frequently-changing environment with the patience to maintain clear communication
- Strong work ethic and a “no task is too small” attitude
The anticipated annual base salary range for this role is $122,000 - $145,000. Actual compensation will be commensurate with experience, qualifications, knowledge, and skills.
- Unlimited PTO Plan + flexible working hours
- Equity participation + 401K
- Competitive medical, dental, + vision insurance
- Fun IRL + virtual quarterly team events, happy hours, + DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Citi Bike discounts, + Health & Wellness Perks
- Annual company retreat
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry (...always stocked)
- In office access to everything we create (including recipes in development)
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.