Senior Engineer (Full-Stack)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Ritual delivers more than just an avenue to skip the lunch line - we serve up a true community experience, helping you connect with your social circle and local businesses via seamless technology, all built around what humans love most - food. Since day one, our mission here at Ritual has been to help restaurants thrive. With that being said, we continually look at how we can strive to improve our market leading products and technology. At Ritual, you’ll be working hands-on, taking ownership, and finding creative ways to commit to our purpose.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to focus on our web interface (React) and help develop the tooling and infrastructure to enable us to deploy our code confidently as we expand our product offerings. Our diverse Engineering team are highly collaborative individuals, who embrace rapid change, take action, accountability and ownership, provide technical guidance, and have a high bar for launching and iterating quality code and features quickly in an agile environment.
As a Senior Engineer at Ritual you will…
- Discover and solve complex technical problems that have company-wide impact
- Deliver clean and effective code and work to continuously improve our codebase
- Contribute to the technical strategy and direction for broad or complex requirements
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders including Ops, Growth, Design and other Engineering peers
- Be passionate about product craftsmanship and care about great design
- Review code and receive feedback with an open mindInvestigate product defects and deliver iterative product improvements quickly Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
We’re looking for a Senior Engineer that has…
- 6+ years of experience delivering high quality software
- Experience with backend Java and/or Node development is a bonus
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills - can explain complex technical concepts to cross functional stakeholders and engineers across all levels
What we offer:
- Contribute to a lifestyle-changing consumer product throughout North America, Europe, and Australia
- Ritual credits to spend at local restaurants near your home and our office
- Healthcare coverage from day one, and a flexible vacation policy
- Equity in the business - ownership is a key value at Ritual and we want you to share in our long-term success
- Quarterly Wellness Days - your whole team takes an extra long weekend to refresh
- Work with truly elite peers in a super-fun office (hybrid environment)
Founded in 2014 by three serial entrepreneurs, we help small businesses thrive in a digital culture with the ease and convenience of push button ordering, while retaining the human connection that makes local shops special. We believe we’re making a positive cultural impact on a global scale - and our investors do, too: we’ve raised over $140M in funding, helping us bring Ritual to cities in Canada, the United States, the UK and Australia. Hungry for more? Visit us at https://ritual.co/
Ritual fosters and welcomes diverse teams and ideas: ideas that are new, different, and game-changing. We constantly strive to live up to our core values of authenticity, open-mindedness, and focusing on impact. We aim to build a culture where difference is valued, every team member has a seat at the table, and all voices are heard. It is thus our mission to attract and cultivate diverse perspectives by empowering our people to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We are committed to continuous improvement, and a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in Ritual’s selection and interviewing process.